The Big Bang Theory shows geek culture the same way that 50 Shades of Grey shows BDSM culture.
My brother has a long-standing game night each week that my son really wants to join. We have special nights where he’s involved, but he is adamant about getting to play the “big kid games” (of which my bro has about 200?).
He just turned 4 - which he has declared is a big kid age - so here he is doing his best to figure out Carcassone. (with the help of Idris the cat)
Thanks to Tabletop, I feel fully equipped to train him in the MANY games he’ll get to play once he gets his regular seat at the game night table.
The Happiest States In America
I found the map in the following article if your interested in learning more. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/02/happiest-states-_n_3696160.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular
The town i’m from and the one i’m moving to.
Spread your water throughout the day (:
For this to occur you have to restrain yourself from peeing… Drinking a lot of water isn’t going to kill you, so don’t panic fitblrs…. You have to drink an INSANE amount of water in a ridiculous period of time for this to happen. Like, gallons upon gallons.
Side note why do LGBTQ people really care that much about the “gold star” it seems really juvenile from my perspective
The answer is NO.
The “fact” that junk food is cheaper than real food has become a reflexive part of how we explain why so many Americans are overweight, particularly those with lower incomes. I frequently read confident statements like, “when a bag of chips is cheaper than a head of broccoli …” or “it’s more affordable to feed a family of four at McDonald’s than to cook a healthy meal for them at home.”
this bullshit fills me with a very specific kind of rage. so, TIME TO DEBUNK!
- that meal from mcdonalds takes virtually no time to acquire AND is available almost anywhere.
- the second meal? that “salad” is lettuce … with nothing else, not even dressing unless its just olive oil or some milk i guess? gross.
- also thats the price of each serving, not an entire loaf of bread, a bottle of olive oil, etc. that stuff adds up which means you have to have a lot of money at one time to buy it all.
- that meal probably took an hour and a half to make, which is a long fucking time when you work multiple jobs or are caring for a lot of people or dont have help! seriously, if you are a single parent of three who works, is spending an hour and a half every night preparing a meal a likely option?
- same with beans and rice! also, you know whats a fucking bummer? eating beans and rice every night because you are poor. ask any person who has done it and they will tell you (you can start with me).
- there is a “nutrition” argument here that lacks a follow up: poor people are more likely to be doing physical labor and need more than 571 calories per meal.
- you know who is less likely to know how to bake or prepare a chicken? people without access to the internet, or libraries, or who werent taught how to by their parents because their parents worked all the time. access to healthy foods is a classist issue and classism is cyclical, you fucking morons.
- seriously, these sorts of infographics make me want to fucking flip tables. do you know why people don’t eat more fresh fruits and vegetables? because fresh fruits and vegetables are expensive, because they take a long time to prepare, because they dont live near a grocery store that has a decent produce section, because they dont have reliable transportation to get groceries to and from the grocery store, because they dont have the energy to plan all of the shit that is involved in making healthy, intentional, filling, balanced meals. basically: poor people get fucked, and then we get BLAMED for being lazy.
- eating “healthy”, aka access to fresh fruits and vegetables, is a privilege, first, foremost, always. so fuck you new york times and your ignorant goddamn infographic.
- there are SYSTEMATIC REASONS that we do not have equal access to fresh fruits and vegetables. they are very REAL problems. besides, you know, systematic poverty in america, the total mis-distribution of farm subsidies is a perfect place to start. read about that, then either get bent or start working on the actual problem.
I agree with most of the things here but it doesn’t take an hour and half to make either dish it takes half an hour at most.
Source: The New York Times
C’mon Marilyn, put some tens on there
wimpy OHP and jeans aside that handstand is legit
“the sexy deadlift”
How to deadlift:
1. Put on a bunch of weights
2. get yourself psyched up as you approach the weights
3. Grimmace and grip the weights hard
4. Stand up like a sexy lady
This is Russian bodybuilder Alexey Lesukov:
And this is Russian bodybuilder Alexey Lesukov on his way to the gym:
The Gains Gremlins don’t stand a chance when Alexey is riding his Segway.
Notice the complete lack of cardiovascular exercise. This is why Lesukov is a pro and you are not; his commitment to the anti-cardio is unparallelled.
The Gains are strong in this one.
-Tony “Two Scoops” Muscoli
Cardio not even once
Timebomb…. HAHAHAHHAHHAAHAH I like it!
Shoot to Thrill.
Ten Cent Pistol :(
THIS IS NOT OK
Funky At HeartThe Heart Asks Pleasure First/ The Promise
what up bitches.
Page 1 of 26